• Fri. Mar 1st, 2024

Some 140 motorcycles,7 tuk-tuks burned and 3 people injured

ByWebmaster

Sep 15, 2022

BUJUMBURA September 12th (ABP) – A fire broke out on Thursday, September 8, 2022, at the BUPP station located at 11th avenue in the Kamenge zone in the urban commune of Ntahangwa, where 140 motorcycles and 7 tuk-tuks went up in flames and 3 people injured.

According to information provided on the site, that fire broke out when a large number of motorcycles and tuk-tuks were lined up at this station waiting for fuel to stock up since the shortage of gasoline had been noticed in recent days.

Regarding the origin of the fire, the head of the Twinyoni district, Mr. Bienvenu Hakizimana, said that this fire was caused by a motorcycle which was heated near the pump and the fire spread in motorcycles and tuk-tuks that were close, making the situation more complicated.

The drivers of the motorcycle taxis and tuk-tuks encountered at the scene were in total desolation, at the sight of their livelihood gone up in flames.